Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Faves - Apples & Traditions

#1. honeycrisp apples

Honeycrisp Apples! Pretty much enough said.
#2. our new favorite tradition
IMG_0329
IMG_0366






I’ve been wanting to start having my kids memorize Bible verses, but wasn’t sure how to go about doing it. I didn’t want it to feel like something that was forced by any means. I wanted them to enjoy it, and look forward to doing it! So, kind of on a whim, I told Cooper we were going to start memorizing verses, and for each week he could memorize our verse for the week, we’d go get frozen yogurt on Saturday. I wanted to see if it was something he’d be interested in.
Well, we’re two for two and getting ready to go on week #3! He’s loving it! He’s so proud, it’s helping us actually LEARN values in the Bible (‘cuz we’ll chat about what the verse means and remind one another if we see something that pertains to it throughout the week), and frozen yogurt is a perk!
So, as I had mentioned, I started it on a whim so I didn’t sit down to plan out verses initially. We began with Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”
Then, I sought out the following link on my Pinterest board. It’s perfect! Week #2 we did 1 Thessalonians 5:11 “Be kind to one another and build each other up.” We’ve now got it printed, laminated and ready to go!
ABC Scriptures
Here was the card we memorized this past week:
IMG_6802
Here’s our next verse we’ll start tomorrow…
IMG_6803
So easy, and beyond rewarding! Maybe it’s a tradition you could start, too! Seriously…froyo, weekly? Okay, so it doesn’t have to be that. Choose something that will motivate your own child.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!