Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patrick’s Day Decorations

Kristin over at Sweetheart Moments motivated me to post my tiny touches of St. Patty’s Day around my home. Simple touches, but my son notices and we get excited about the pending holiday. Also, I love getting ideas, no matter how small, by looking at what other people do in their homes in way of decorating. So…here are my small touches of green…IMG_4211 The cute table runner ($11), mirror underneath it that’s meant for hanging (a bit of a splurge, but have more than gotten my money’s worth from it - $25), and the glass vase (I believe it was only $9!!) are all from HomeGoods. IMG_4212 I filled the vase with white and clear glass rocks as well as cute little plastic shamrocks (on sale for .99 at Michael’s!) The small candle holders were on sale at Bed, Bath & Beyond for only $1.99 after Christmas. How perfect do they match the mirror?IMG_4219

I purchased these last year at Marshall’s, I think for $1.99 each. They’d be a cinch to make (but does it get much cheaper than that, even if you made it yourself?)IMG_4220   IMG_4221 IMG_4228 This is above my son’s toy bin. Cute little shamrock ornaments from Michael’s, on 70% clearance from last year. And we’re planning on making green eggs and ham for breakfast on the 17th, so we’ve been reading the famous Dr. Seuss!IMG_4224 This is on a bookshelf in my living room. I obviously need a little something else to go with it, perhaps a shamrock plant? Hmm….oh well, somewhat festive for now.IMG_4225 IMG_4222 In my bathroom. Again, Michael’s 70% off after the holiday last year. Pardon my preggers belly captured in the pic.IMG_4229 And…last but not least, our front door! My husband has this thing about keeping the peep hole from being covered. =) And, a green flag!IMG_4230 Hope that inspires you a bit! If you have any suggestions, I’m all ears! Enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!