Friday, June 11, 2010

National Camping Month....toddler style?

So, once again, mommy's plans were foiled, but this time I think it was for the best. My thought was to camp out in the backyard. But, after physical therapy, eye appointments, a lovely line at Comcast, a shattered Pyrex bowl ALL OVER the kitchen floor, and a trip to Costco (on a Friday, ugh)....it just felt like it would've been staged, if you know what I mean. To quote Holden Caulfield from the Catcher in the Rye, it would've been....."phony". =) 


So, instead, we had a camping style meal out on the back porch. We ate hamburgers, watermelon, peaches and iced tea. Mmmm!
The BEST part (and probably the only part that may have alluded to any camping whatsoever) was Cooper's response to the flies. They began swarming immediately, and what did mom do? What nearly any mom would do, I began swatting at them saying, "Shoo, fly!" Cooper just thought that was the best thing since sliced bread. Check out his reaction (and my shoo fly hand motions, ha!):



Fantastic end to our family's day...not the end to my day, however...I still get to go have dessert and a movie with Cooper's dad, my drop dead sexy husband. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!