Friday, June 4, 2010

First Ford Made...

I admit, I'm a bit of an education nerd...I love learning! Let's just put that out there. So if you'd rather not learn something today, or don't have time, skip reading until below the picture of the old car. hehe

Today for our Cool Summer Days calendar, I decided to celebrate Ford's 114th Anniversary. Can you believe the car has only been around for 114 years?! Actually, he didn't develop an assembly line to mass produce cars until closer to 1908, when he began selling the Model T for around $800. It's bizarre to think that cars had only been around for approximately 7 years when my grandma was born. Ford named his very first automotive the "Quadricycle". Here's a picture of what it looked like:

                                     

Anyway, I'll stop teaching history and move onto my parenting success for the day! (Hey, we need to celebrate each and every one, right?) In honor of the first Ford being built, Cooper and I made a trip to Target to buy some new Matchbox cars. He is quite excited each morning to run out to the kitchen and pull his "Surprise" from the ice cream cone. This was the first time I've EVER taken him to the store just to buy him a toy. Usually Grandma and Grandpas do that. =) Needless to say, he was very excited and began playing with them right away, making the "vroom, vroom" sounds and all.



                                       




I know his car choices aren't very "Ford-ish", 
but you get the idea anyway.
Happy First Ford Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Help a rookie out and leave a comment...it's ALWAYS fun to hear from you!